The Growth Mindset, An Idea For Success
#whatisschool Thursday October 15, 7PM EDT
Every so often a groundbreaking idea comes along. This is one of them, Growth Mindset.
This simple idea was discovered by world-renowned Stanford University psychologist Carol Dweck after decades of research on achievement and success. Dweck determined that in a fixed mindset people believe their basic qualities, intelligence or talent are fixed traits and that these traits alone create success without effort. She went on to describe that in a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. So how do we foster a growth mindset in students?
Join the AMAZING Mark Weston @shiftparadigm as he co-hosts #whatisschool with me @candylandcaper. Thursday, October 15, at 7PM EDT when we will be exploring the ins and outs of implementing a Growth Mindset in the classroom.
Thursday October 15, 7PM EDT
1) How can you foster a growth mindset in your classroom, school, or district? #whatisschool
2) What tools and strategies could be used to help students, teachers and administrators embrace a growth mindset? #whatisschool
3) How can you help students overcome pitfalls, failures and frustrations they may encounter while pushing their limits? #whatisschool
4) How can you teach in a growth mindset and still meet benchmarks and standards? #whatisschool
5) How can technology or alternative teaching methods and environments foster a growth mindset? #whatisschool
6) What would teachers and administrators need to change to make their school a growth mindset leaning center? #whatisschool
Read more about Growth Mindsets in my blog post Growing Your Brain By Changing Your Mindset