|Ava speaking to students about writing|
Writing for 21st Century Communication
#whatisschool Thursday October 22, 7PM EDT
|Kayla talking about illustrating|
Join author, literacy specialist and co-founder of #readforfun and @EdCampTampaBay@JenWilliamsEdu and me @candylandcaper this week at #whatisschool as we explore new ideas and tried and true ways to make students better writers and better communicators.
Thursday October 22, 7PM EDT
1) What prompts or modeling do you use to get students excited about writing?
2) How can you use or create shared experience for students to write about?
3) What methods, PBL, flipped writing or other ideas have helped you motivate student writers?
4) How can you help students publish work and get feedback from authentic audiences?
5) What digital platforms or technology have you used to improve students writing and communication skills?
6) How do you help reluctant writers organize their thoughts and get inspired to be great communicators?
Communication is the basis of sharing all great ideas whether you're jotting down a football play, a TV show, a great new recipe or pitching an invention. I found this out first hand when I spent 20 years as a writer, producer and director in the NYC TV creating documentaries and Fortune 500 on-air promotions. When my daughters were born I started writing books and speaking to students, helping them develop skills to make them confident communicators in any medium. I've written on the subject of writing extensively and have provided links to some great articles below.
Hope you can join us this week #whatisschool , times are listed below, spread the word!
Thursday 4pm Pacific Time
Thursday 6pm Central Time
Thursday 7pm EDT
Thursday 11pm GMT
Friday 7am Singapore/WA (Perth) Time
Friday 9am AEST
Friday 11am NZT